Apply for Financial Aid
IASP is accepting financial aid applications for attendance at the IASP 2020 World Congress on Pain beginning 16 December 2019.
The application deadline for financial aid has been extended to 22 January 2020.
Financial Aid Eligibility
- Applicants must be IASP members at the time of application.
- Applicants must be trainee members (any country) or regular members from a developing country (as defined by the World Bank).
- Applicants should be planning to attend the IASP 2020 World Congress on Pain from 4-8 August in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
Financial Aid Application Submission Guidelines
- Applications must be submitted via the online submission site only. Applications submitted by email, fax, or postal mail will not be accepted.
- Applications must be received by 15 January 2020. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Applications must be submitted in English.
- All application questions must be answered. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Financial Aid Awards
- Applicants are eligible for complimentary registration and/or travel stipends. Final monetary award amounts are determined by the review committee. Please note: all financial aid recipients will receive free registration, but not all recipients will receive an additional monetary award.
- Award announcements will be made by 26 February 2020.
Before Beginning Your Application
You will need to log in to the application using your IASP login information. If you do not know this information, please contact IASP.
If you are submitting a poster abstract, please complete the submission process BEFORE beginning your financial aid application as you will need to enter your poster submission ID in the financial aid application.
Additional Information You'll Need to Know:
- The number of previous World Congress on Pain financial aid rewards you have received.
- Information about your best publication in the field of pain (including all authors’ names in the order they appear in the publication, the title of publication, the journal name or book title and publisher, the journal volume, page numbers, and year).
- If you have previously presented at a national or an international meeting, information about your presentation (meeting name, date, sponsoring organization, title of presentation, invited or submitted presentation). Only one presentation will be accepted.
- If enrolled in a post-graduate program, the name and email address of your supervisor.
- If involved in university or hospital teaching, the name and email address of your supervisor.
- If employed at a hospital, university, or other institute, the name and email address of your supervisor.